Tricks to Restore AC Efficiency Without Spending Too Much
It’s really annoying when an air conditioner is running, but not providing the desired comfort. It generally happens with old air conditioners because cooling systems tend to lose their efficiency over a certain time period. In that case, you might even need to replace your AC, especially if it is older than its estimated lifespan. But sometimes, calling the experts of AC repair Miami Lakes is a better alternative. So, it basically depends on the age of your air conditioner whether you need AC repair Miami Lakes services or it’s the time to replace the whole system.
Before you schedule a repair session or decide to replace your air conditioner, try to restore AC efficiency with the help of some simple tricks that have been described in this blog.
- Either Clean the Filters or Replace Them: Dirt clogged on the AC filter obstructs the airflow and it negatively affects the performance of your air conditioner. You need to clean them regularly, and at an interval of 3-4 months, replace the filters.
- Remove Heavy Objects Placed Near Vents: Any heavy object or furniture placed near the air vents exerts unnecessary pressure over the air conditioning system. If it is the case, you need to relocate that object/furniture to some other place.
- Cover the Windows With Curtains and Blinds: To prevent the outdoor heat from warming the indoor atmosphere, use curtains or blinds to cover the windows. This will surely boost the cooling speed of your air conditioner.
- Clean the Air Ducts: You need to spend a decent amount of money to get the air ducts cleaned by professionals, and it shouldn’t be a big deal for you because it enhances AC efficiency.
- Replace Your Old Thermostat With a Smart Thermostat: Modern thermostats have a smart feature to automatically adjust the temperature setting that protects the air conditioner from unnecessary pressure.
- Don’t Let the Conditioned Air Escape Out of the Room: Block such areas that are allowing the conditioned air to escape out of the room because you are paying a decent amount of money in the form of electricity bills for that conditioned air.
If you are still unsatisfied with AC performance, you either need to replace the system or it needs repair service.